Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a server handled by a hosting distributor. There are different groups of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a look at these. In this way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to build a website, email aliases, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular file storage providers, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage solutions often include ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally inappropriate explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the load between independent bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share a large number of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the solution is typically free. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some distributors offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many videos as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a web site. To a certain degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload videos, and so on. At eStore Hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared with the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific web content exclusively.